Minutes of the FMC Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 1st of December 2009Held at the Conservative Club, Kirkham
Present. Clive Bell, Mike Howe, Darren Hartley, Andy Hird (Trustee), Chris Packman, Chris Campbell, Kevan Ebbrell.
Apologies. Caroline Webb, Chris Thistlethwaite, Martin Dale, John Wiseman (Trustee), Chris Bell, Mick Dugdale, Andy Dunhill, Dave Earle (Trustee), Adam Dunderdale, George Parker (Trustee).
This meeting was called for the specific purpose of the Committee and Trustees of No2 Newhouses, Little Langdale to review the registration in conjunction with No3 Newhouses with the Land Registry and other associated matters.
At the last committee meeting held 02/11/09 the committee discussed the Deeds of Easement that go along with the Registration of No’s 2 & 3 Newhouses, Little Langdale, and the suggested signing over of some land to the owners of No3. Since the meeting it has become apparent that some officers and committee members have been party to making decisions without being in command of all the facts and information necessary to make such decisions. An information sheet showing land holding etc. had been compiled and a copy sent to committee members and Little Langdale Trustees on the 23rd of November. Anyone who could not attend the meeting was requested to send comments in writing to the secretary to be read out at the meeting.
The Committee and Trustees were requested to consider the following issues prior to the meeting:-
- Having agreed in principle (on two separate occasions) to sign over a small triangular piece of land to the owners of No3 at no cost to them, they now want us to sign over an additional and much larger piece of land.
- The owners of No3 not content with a possible grant of land from us want to impose access restrictions in the Deeds of Easement.
- Details on the Plan attached to the D of E’s showing land ownership and access appear to have been marked on it by one of the owners of No3.
- Our solicitor is acting for both parties and whilst this may seem to have been a good idea at the time, the way things are going it now brings into question the impartiality of the solicitor.
- We own most of the land around No3, so why give away land when we have no need to and for no benefit.
- The conveyance deeds for No3 give the FMC unrestricted access around No3.
The next committee meeting will be held at Kirkham Conservative Club, 20.00 hours on Monday 11th of January.
Minutes compiled by Kevan Ebbrell.