Committee Meeting Minutes 1st of November 2010

with No Comments

Minutes of the FMC Committee Meeting held on Monday 1st November 2010

Held at the Conservative Club, Kirkham

Present. Clive Bell, Martin Dale, John Wiseman, Chris Bell, Andy Hird, Alan Lovett, Darren Hartley, Tony Mitchell, Mike Howe.

Apologies. Christine Moylan, Caroline Webb, Andy Dunhill, Tom Knowles, Mick Dugdale, Kevan Ebbrell.

Matters arising from and acceptance of the minutes of the previous meeting.

There were no matters arising and the minutes of the meeting held on 13/09/10 were accepted.

Secretary’s Report.

Kev could not attend the meeting as he is cruising the world but reported the following:-

· Nos. 1 & 3 at Langdale have now agreed to pay 50% of our legal fees. Kev will get things moving on his return in mid November.

Booking Secretary’s Report.

Andy reported the following:-

· The huts are now fully booked for 2011

· We will start taking outside bookings for 2012 in the New Year.

· The organisation that used the hut in May but did not return the key or pay the bill is being vigorously pursued.

Treasurer’s Report.

Mike reported the following:-

· The clubs bank balance stood at £8761 net.

· We have received £157 rebate on the rates for Langdale.

· Affiliation to the BMC will cost £2100.

· There are 13 people who have not yet paid their subscriptions.

· Insurance Premium for the two huts is £619.

· Each hut is valued, for rebuilding costs, of £150k. Mike and Andy are to look into this to see if this should be revised

· Our auditor, John Hickman, has advised that we should have a record of our fixed assets, laptops, projectors etc. This would also apply to assets at the huts. Martin will enquire of the BMC for their advice. Mike and Chris are to look into this.

· John had also queried the committee meal as this could be contravening our rule 23. It was agreed that clarification of this rule would be sought at the AGM.

· Membership cards had been ordered and paid for but still have not yet been delivered. Mike has found another supplier who will be used next year.

Membership Secretary’s Report.

Martin presented applications for Introductory membership from Richard Mcguinness of Kendal and Steve Swindells of Sheffield (Steve used to be a member). An application from Steve Longworth for full membership, was accepted by the committee.

Langdale Hut Custodian’s Report.

Chris reported the following matters:-

· The water stop tap in the Drying Room has still not been fixed this is being pursued.

· The Blue refuse boxes have been labelled to prevent them from being filled with plastic

· The working W/E was a success with all jobs completed.

· The errant storage heater in the living room is now working correctly.

Stair Hut Custodian’s Report.

Andy was not present but reported the following via Andy H :-

· An estimate of £338 inc VAT has been received for the electrical work involved in the Stair update work. This is in addition to the £4489.74 for the plumbing work.

· The work is due to start the week after next.

· The grass area is to be re-seeded and the no fires rule must be observed.

News Letter Editor Report.

There was no report from Caroline, although she is awaiting more stuff for the next news letter.

What’s On Editor’s Report.

John advised that the November/December edition had been published on Email but was awaiting the Xmas meal menu so that both could be snail mailed together.

Social Secretary’s Report.

There was no report from Christine.

· There is a pub meet this Wednesday at the Thatched, Poulton

· There is a social Wednesday 10th at the River Wyer, Martin Battersby, Dolomites

· Mike will Email the club about the social.

Any Other Business.

· Martin said the BMC had software to deal with membership lists. Mike is to take a look.

· Any proposals for the AGM from the Committee (Increased membership fees and the committee meal redraft etc) should be drafted before the next committee meeting.

· At the club dinner, to celebrate the 60th anniversary Alan Bell has agreed to relate a few stories from long ago, Jenny is to bake a cake and Tony will put together a ‘continuous slide show’ on the laptop.

· Anybody wanting to resign from the committee, please give plenty of notice so that the vacancy can be ‘advertised’.

· Suggestions for club meets/activities are required for next year’s syllabus.

The next committee meeting will be held at Kirkham Conservative Club, 20.00 hours on Monday 10th of January 2011.

Minutes compiled by Clive Bell.

Leave a Reply