MINUTES OF THE 013-4/8 COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 13.1.2014

with No Comments

 

MINUTES OF THE 013-4/8 COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 13.1.2014  AT THE CONSERVATIVE CLUB, KIRKHAM

 

 

 

Present:  Clive Bell, Martin Dale, Darren Hartley, Dave Hicks, Rob Lewis, Steve Longworth, Caroline Webb, John Wiseman,  Dave Wood

Apologies:

 Chris Bell, Andy Dunhill, Andy Hird, Mike Howe, Pete Stridgeon, Mikala Tolley

 

 

 

 

 

 

Main points of discussion

Chairman’s Remarks:

 

Darren is looking forward to forthcoming events in the New Year and feels that if this year is as successful as last year then it will be very worthwhile. He also noted that the purpose of the meeting tonight was to focus on the preparation of the 2014/15 syllabus and therefore some routine agenda items would be deferred to the next meeting.

 

 

Minutes of the last meeting held on 21.10.2013 &matters arising

 

Minutes were agreed.

 

 

FMC Calendar Review

The Calendar Review is deferred.

Outstanding Actions

The outstanding actions were reviewed and the Action Report has been updated to reflect this.

 

 

Secretary’s Report

 

Rob requested reports from officers as soon as possible. Caroline stated that they would need to go to the printers by the end of January.

 

 

 

Social Secretary’s Report

 

Steve reiterated that the AGM would start with pie and peas at 7.15p.m. and that the meeting proper would start at 8.00p.m. Steve also reported that following agreement at the last meeting a new projector has been sourced and procured for club use.

 

Booking Secretary’s Report

 

Nothing to report.

 

Treasurer’s Report

 

Mike let the meeting know that Andy/Liz have revised the OB fees for this year. They have also produced figures for next year.These are 3% for 2014 and then another 3% for 2015.

New rates are Stair £227 and £93, Langdale £186 and £72. 

 

 

 

Membership Secretary’s Report

 

Dave summarised what has occurred so far with the tenure recommendations.

 

Dave stated that there were definite recommendations and that he had tried to be succinct but that there was a danger of over-complicating issues or being bound in by rules.

 

Darren felt that Dave should not do himself a disservice – he had followed processes rigorously but perhaps was optimistic about how long these processes would take.

 

Dave felt that after the questionnaire sent to members and the subsequent analysis that there was some momentum for change but that a longer time scale would be needed to draft changes. He felt that a committee sub-group may be needed to hasten the process. He was disappointed not to be able to come to a resolution within the committee year but felt that he was trying to introduce a more democratic process where people felt they had a say in what went on in the club. He wanted the committee to consider when would make changes and what we would say to the AGM.

 

Dave Hicks thought that actions which arose from discussion at the AGM should be prioritised. John felt that there had been an outcome with the questionnaire and a set of principles established from which rules will follow. Dave is to prepare a communication notice summarising the journey so far which can be shared with the members present at the AGM.

 

 

 

 

 

Langdale Hut Custodian’s Report

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

 

Stair Hut Custodian’s Report

 

Nothing to report.

 

What’s OnEditor’s Report

 

John stated that Mike would take over with What’s On whilst he was away in New Zealand.

 

 

Newsletter Editor’s Report

 

Nothing to report.

 

Syllabus Discussion

 

A new Syllabus for 2014-15 was decided upon. Key events include another trip to Kalymnos, a Scottish Sea Stacks meet, Derbyshire camping,  Cragside, Pembrokeshire climbing and walking, Yorkshire gritstone, Lagangarbh, a hot rock meet and caving. Additionally, the usual meets on high and low Lake District crags would take place.

 

 

 

 

 

A.O.B.

 

Dave Hicks asked all committee members to encourage members to attend the AGM.

Steve agreed to publicise the AGM in a similar way to the social events held this year & Darren agreed to issue a reminder at the next social.

 

Date of Next Meeting:  3 March, 2014 

 

Leave a Reply