FMC Committee Meeting 14.7.14- Outstanding Action Report

with No Comments

 

 

FMC Committee Meeting 14.7.14- Outstanding Action Report

 

 

 

 

 

013/1/4

Officers to write job descriptions in time for next committee meeting.

Darren

Complete, Copy of Membership Secretary’s Description sent to Dave Wood on 12.1.2014. All Job Descriptions to be sent to Darren for consideration of uniform format. Sent to Darren on 12.1.2014

 

Darren raised the issue of whether the job descriptions should be presented in a uniform format and when this might be done. He felt that it could not be achieved before the AGM. The feeling of the meeting was that the information needed to be made available and placed on the website / sent out to members. Re-formatting could be onsidered at a later date when more time allowed.

 

Sent to Dave fot uploading onto website. Darren will check they have been uploaded.

Ongoing

 

 

013/1/9

Discuss measures to increase recruitment of members.

Dave Wood

Next steps discussed at meeting on 21.10.2013.

Dave says we have done OK on Facebook and that there was one application after a social.

  • Three steps suggested by Dave:
  • Posters at wall already changed
  • Print cards / write to colleges saying we are around
  • Offer membership for part of year

Posters at wall to be changed for next season. Dave will write to West View asking for a section of wall for the club.  Dave will offer qa choice of card formats by next committee meeting. The focus is on FMC as a mountaineering club.

On-going

 

 

 

013/2/3

Chris stated that five year electrical testing has been done. He is waiting for risk assessment information from Andy and for PAT testing to be done.

Andy / Chris

Darren has procured the necessary HSE guidance document relating to portable electrical appliance testing. The next step is to discuss this with the hut custodians. Guidance relating to the frequency of installation tasting is still required.

  • We do not have fire escape plans at present
  • We do not have fire risk assessments at present
  • Review periods of inspection / regular regime for electrical equipment Darren stated  that we could pay someone to do this. Chris said that it needs to be moved on.

 

Joint action will be started after the 2 May.

 

 

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

013/2/11

Ask Dave Ball if he can move articles on the website to a public area

Rob and Dave H

Simon Fenna has offered to assist. E-mail Simon and ask him to get involved. Dave H to get Simon and and Dace together.

ongoing

 

 

 

013/5/3

Photo Competition. John would like a change, not necessarily permanent. Members will be asked to submit pictures two weeks in advance of the competition and three club members will judge them independently. The coordinator would get their results with the top five in order, the winner to be selected on that basis.

 

At the meeting the audience would vote on their top three after two showings – you can, therefore, get two results. With humour, the members’ votes would count. John would be happy to run the competition.

 

John wants to avoid ‘experts’, Rob thought this format would be fun  and Steve thought that more member participation would be beneficial. John is happy to coordinate the competition in future, Dave W mentioned  the need for a new projector.

John

 

Idea has been floated

 

Complete

 

 

 

013/7/6

Find out what is happening with regard to the wildfowlers’ projector.

Darren

Contact Alan Bell and inform Kev of progress

Ongoing

 

 

 

013/7/8

Steve to canvass opinion regarding future annual dinner on the Fylde. After some discussion on this topic the action is to book the 2015 dinner on the Fylde

Steve

 

Ongoing

 

 

013-4/8/1

Following previous work with questionnaire and analysis Dave W to introduce and guide proposals for change though committee / sub-committee. Dave to examine which specific improvements need to be made, then look at rule changes to support these improvements.

 

Rule changes are needed. Dave and John will work on these.

Dave W

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/1/1

Look at the feasibility of installing a wood burning stove at Little Langdale.

Chris

Chris has examined the building regulations and there are a number of difficulties. He thinks the idea is a non-starter. There was considerable discussion as to whether this could be done, but it was decided that we would need professional advice.

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/1/3

Look at costs benefits of first aid / self rescue training

Dave H

Dave will apply for a BMC grant

Self Rescue course at Plas Y Brenin June 21/2 and July 26/7 Self rescue arranged for early August then for 13/14 September.  Two courses at Plas –Y –Brenin with the club funding 50%. Darren has applied for a BMC grant. Steve and Dave W are pursuing first aid opportunities with Fylde Coast.

Ongoing

 

 

 

 

 

014/1/7

Look at schemes to generate money for the club

Mike

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/1/8

Assemble costings for new Stair roof

Andy

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/1/9

Feasibility of electronic locks and keys. Andy is working on obtaining a lock with a keypad with time limited access.

 

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/2/1

Andy H is to review outside booking fees to be moved in line with inflation.

Andy H

 

Complete

 

 

014/2/2

Consider priorities for spending money on the huts; we need medium and long term plans.

Hut Wardens and the Committee

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/3/1

Order new membership cards

Mike

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/3/2

Apply for BMC lecture opportunity

Steve /Rob

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/3/3

Ask Kev for a summary of events at Little Langdale

Darren

 

Ongoing 

 

Leave a Reply