FMC Committee Meeting 3.3.14- Outstanding Action Report

with No Comments

 

FMC Committee Meeting 3.3.14- Outstanding Action Report

 

 

 

 

 

013/1/4

Officers to write job descriptions in time for next committee meeting.

Darren

Complete, Copy of Membership Secretary’s Description sent to Dave Wood on 12.1.2014. All Job Descriptions to be sent to Darren for consideration of uniform format. Sent to Darren on 12.1.2014

 

Darren raised the issue of whether the job descriptions should be presented in a uniform format and when this might be done. He felt that it could not be achieved before the AGM. The feeling of the meeting was that the information needed to be made available and placed on the website / sent out to members. Re-formatting could be onsidered at a later date when more time allowed.

Ongoing

 

 

013/1/9

Discuss measures to increase recruitment of members.

Dave Wood

Next steps discussed at meeting on 21.10.2013.

Dave says we have done OK on Facebook and that there was one application after a social.

  • Three steps suggested by Dave:
  • Posters at wall already changed
  • Print cards / write to colleges saying we are around
  • Offer membership for part of year

On-going

 

 

 

013/2/3

Check with hut wardens to see  if fire escape plans, electrical safety checks and five yearly risk assessments have been done

Andy / Chris

Darren has procured the necessary HSE guidance document relating to portable electrical appliance testing. The next step is to discuss this with the hut custodians. Guidance relating to the frequency of installation tasting is still required.

  • We do not have fire escape plans at present
  • We do not have fire risk assessments at present
  • Review periods of inspection / regular regime for electrical equipment

 

 

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

013/2/11

Ask Dave Ball if he can move articles on the website to a public area

Rob

Rob has e-mailed the request.

ongoing

 

 

 

 

 

013/5/2

Calendar has been revised and updated.

Darren

                      Requires issuing to committee

Ongoing

 

 

013/5/3

Photo Competition. John would like a change, not necessarily permanent. Members will be asked to submit pictures two weeks in advance of the competition and three club members will judge them independently. The coordinator would get their results with the top five in order, the winner to be selected on that basis.

 

At the meeting the audience would vote on their top three after two showings – you can, therefore, get two results. With humour, the members’ votes would count. John would be happy to run the competition.

 

John wants to avoid ‘experts’, Rob thought this format would be fun  and Steve thought that more member participation would be beneficial. John is happy to coordinate the competition in future, Dave W mentioned  the need for a new projector.

John

 

ongoing

 

 

013/7/1

Write to Alan Bell to express how he had been missed at the dinner.

Rob

 

Complete

 

 

013/7/2

Write to Mikala on behalf of the committee to express appreciation of her contribution.

Rob

 

Complete

 

 

013/7/3

Officers to write reports, if possible, by 15 January, ready for AGM. (Note: these need to be sent to printers before the end of January)

Complete

 

 

 

 

013/7/4

Prepare ideas for syllabus by next meeting.

All committee members

 

Complete

 

 

013/7/5

Committee members to pursue outstanding subs. payments with particular individuals

Dave, Martin

 

Complete

 

 

013/7/6

Find out what is happening with regard to the wildfowlers’ projector.

Darren

 

ASAP

 

 

013/7/7

Steve to research cost of new projector

Steve

 

Complete

 

 

013/7/8

Steve to canvass opinion regarding future annual dinner on the Fylde.

Steve

 

ASAP

 

 

013-4/8/1

Following previous work with questionnaire and analysis Dave W to introduce and guide proposals for change though committee / sub-committee. Dave to examine which specific improvements need to be made, then look at rule changes to support these improvements.

Dave W

 

 

 

 

014/1/1

Look at the feasibility of installing a wood burning stove at Little Langdale.

Chris

 

ASAP

 

 

014/1/2

E-mail Simon Fenna to check if he needs committee support with Council of Northern Caving Clubs Registration

Rob

 

Done

 

 

014/1/3

Look at costs benefits of first aid / self rescue training

Dave H

 

ASAP

 

 

 

014/1/4

Update factsheets

Darren

 

ASAP

 

 

014/1/5

Issue updated / revised committee calendar

Darren

 

ASAP

 

 

014/1/6

Issue updated evening climbing syllabus.

Martin

 

ASAP

 

 

014/1/7

Look at schemes to generate money for the club

Mike

 

ASAP

 

 

 

014/1/8

Assemble costings for new Stair roof

Andy

 

ASAP

  

Leave a Reply