FMC Committee Meeting 15.12.14- Outstanding Action Report

with No Comments

 

 

FMC Committee Meeting 15.12.14- Outstanding Action Report

 

 

 

 

 

013/1/4

Officers to write job descriptions in time for next committee meeting.

Darren

 

Sent to Dave for uploading onto website. Darren will check they have been uploaded.

Documents to be uploaded onto website

 

 

 

 

013/2/3

Chris stated that five year electrical testing has been done. He is waiting for risk assessment information from Andy and for PAT testing to be done.

Andy / Chris

Darren has procured the necessary HSE guidance document relating to portable electrical appliance testing. The next step is to discuss this with the hut custodians. Guidance relating to the frequency of installation tasting is still required.

  • We do not have fire escape plans at present
  • We have fire risk assessment for Langdale at present, we need one for Stair. Actions to be extracted from document and implemented. Rob has a copy of the Langdale Fire Risk assessment.
  • Review periods of inspection / regular regime for electrical equipment Darren stated  that we could pay someone to do this. Chris said that it needs to be moved on.

 

Joint action will be started after the 2 May.

 

 

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

013/2/11

Ask Dave Ball if he can move articles on the website to a public area

Darren to get in touch with Dave Ball to ensure that Dave is happy with the assistance Simon will give.

Simon Fenna has offered to assist. E-mail Simon and ask him to get involved. Dave H to get Simon and and Dace together.

No update as at 15 /12/2014

ongoing

 

 

 

 

013/7/6

Find out what is happening with regard to the wildfowlers’ projector.

Darren will speak to Alan at the club dinner.

Contact Alan Bell and inform Kev of progress. Martin will arrange collection from Alan Bell

Ongoing

 

 

 

 

013-4/8/1

Following previous work with questionnaire and analysis Dave W to introduce and guide proposals for change though committee / sub-committee. Dave to examine which specific improvements need to be made, then look at rule changes to support these improvements.

 

Rule changes are needed. Dave and John will work on these.

 

Changes need to be in format. John thinks that we need the V.C. thinking of him/herself as potential chair. The changes need proposing separate motions. Darren stated that we need the final version to be in a format acceptable for the AGM.

Suggested we leave V.C. as it is but for one year only afer being Chair. The Chair will serve for a maximum of five sequential years. Committee members should be elected on a 2+2 basis so only two are elected in any one year.

 

Dave has sent final version to committee. To be introduced at AGM.

Dave W

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/1/1

Look at the feasibility of installing a wood burning stove at Little Langdale.

Chris

Chris has examined the building regulations and there are a number of difficulties. He thinks the idea is a non-starter. There was considerable discussion as to whether this could be done, but it was decided that we would need professional advice.

 

Dave H. has taken over and has commissioned a report. The hearth does not need extending but a flue test is necessary. A resin liner is best. We need a competent person to conduct a smoke test.

Mike mentioned that a coal supply was available, John stated that we would need to have wood in store. Darren felt that there was no maintenance to the current bar heater. We would need to consifer the cost of installation and fuel – is it worthwhile? Rob wondered if a multifuel stove might not be better than a woodburner. John thought thatb the fire might not be required that much as people go to the pub. Dave H thought that the residual heat would eliminate dampness.

 

Darren wondered about incurring running costs and the logistics of getting fuels to the hut. He felt that a list of costs needed to be assembled such as the cost of alterations to the chimney, installation and running costs. Drew and Chris asked if the issue should go back to the AGM but John asked that we procure another fire before it gets cold. There is a choice between a better electric fire, a stove or both. Darren also suggested an oil filled radiator.

Rob thought that a show of hands might be useful and the committee was split about 50/50 as to whether to install a woodburner or not. Darren thought that with no clear majority view, we ought to report back to the AGM. Steve felt that we need to report clearly on the pros and cons.

 

Dave will produce a pros / cons for next meeting. The issue will go to the AGM for a vote.

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/1/3

Look at costs benefits of first aid / self rescue training

Dave H

 

Dave H is to provide feedback to the committee re the benefits of self-rescue course. Report is out.

Fylde Coast to offer immediate life saving and what to do in semi-remote conditions.

Dave H

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

 

 

014/1/7

Look at schemes to generate money for the club

Mike

Mike will place in newsletter.

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/1/8

Assemble costings for new Stair roof

Andy

Andy reported that from the survey the existing roof is not leaking. The proposal is to leave the existing roof insulation in place having stripped off the mossy outer layer  and then to build a new roof on top. To exceed building regulations with a deluxe replacement would cost £15840. Darren thanked Andy for his efforts in obtaining the information. Tony and Andy are to look at prices to see if we can obtain a better deal.

 

Andy has spken to John Mather the rep. and will get three pricings. Chris also has a pricing at about £13600

Ongoing

 

 

014/1/9

Feasibility of electronic locks and keys. Andy is working on obtaining a lock with a keypad with time limited access.

 

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/2/2

Consider priorities for spending money on the huts; we need medium and long term plans.

Review as a committee the list that Chris has assembled. Chris has list of priorities. Action for Mike to consider costs for each successive year. Mike will assemble jobs list.

Hut Wardens and the Committee

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/3/3

Ask Kev for a summary of events at Little Langdale

Darren

Kev will summarise ‘journey’. No longer required.

Complete

 

 

 

014/4/1

Action for the committee is to seek a new booking secretary.

The committee

Dave Hicks willing to stand.

Complete

 

 

 

014/4/2

Action to look for new newsletter editor

The committee

 

Ongoing

 

 

014/4/3

Write to Diane and Dave Westby

Rob

 

Ongoing

 

 

 

014/4/5

Format tenure rules for AGM

The Committee

 

complete 

 

Leave a Reply