Over the winter months from October to March, we organise a number of social events. Typically, these are on the 2nd Wednesday of the month and take place in a private function room at the Old Town Hall Tavern, in Poulton-le-Fylde. Meet at 7.30pm for an 8pm start. The club organises some buffet style sandwiches or pies for after the talk.
Over recent years, we have had a number of excellent guest speakers from various outdoor pursuits, including some of the world best climbers. These include :
- James Mchaffie
- Emma Twyford
- Craig Matheson
We also have a number of talks by club members, typically about their personal interests, trips & expeditions.
Recent talks include :
- Dave Wood – Writing & publishing the walking & scrambling guide to the Anti-Atlas, Morocco.
- Steve Clark – The on-going cave diving survey project at the St Georges resurgence in the Dordogne, France.
- Nick Hepburn – Multi-week rock climbing trip to Australia mainland crags & Tasmania
- Andy Holland – Walking the haute route, Chamonix to Zermatt
- Tony Jackson – The high level haute route